Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome to 2007!

No rowdy New Year’s party for me. Even though I’ve always been a big “I love the nightlife, I love to boogie,” kind of gal, I find New Year’s Eve parties disappointing. Food service establishments herd customers in and out the door like cattle, and the fancy schmancy hotel/banquet package deals are highly over-rated and over-priced. So, I prefer a calm, comfortable, casual, New Year's Eve at home and love to wake up hang-over free on the first day of the year.

Last night, my good friends Sue and Steve came over for dinner. With the stress of the holidays behind us, we enjoyed the bright Christmas tree lights and festive decorations I've yet to pack away. We dined on Shrimp Cocktail, French Onion Soup Gratinée, Prime Rib, and Baked Stuffed Shrimp, followed by Chocolate Mousse for dessert. It was a joint effort. My husband and I prepared half the delicacies and our friends the rest. We thoroughly enjoyed every bite of our sumptuous meal without feeling rushed. The table was ours for the night! But we didn’t linger in the dining-room, instead we sat under the stars in the hot tub. Truly it was the perfect way to kick-off 2007!

Happy New Year!!!