Friday, January 18, 2008

Clutter Free

Haven't much felt like writing these days. Sometimes I wonder why I live in the Northeast. I love every season except winter. Then again, if I dusted off my skis and hit the slopes I'd probably appreciate the snow.

No time or money for that though! Instead I'm organizing my paperwork and getting ready for tax time. I'm addicted to organizing (OCD). I actually enjoy de-cluttering especially this time of year (cabin fever). Truthfully though, I need my stuff to be where I want it when I look for it or I become panicked in frustration.

With last summer's tag sale hell in mind, resisting the urge to hoard and collect stuff is alot easier. Especially since every whack-job in the world showed up in our yard, and now they know where to find us. One woman came back five times in one day and tried to leave with stuff she never paid for, now that's thrift shopping.

One good thing came out of that horrendous experience, my husband is cured of his pack-rat behavior. It used to be that he'd load up the back of his truck and bring home everyone's junk on a regular basis. But now he agrees that we don't want a repeat of last year's visitor (stalker), so no accumulated clutter for sale ever again.